Tuesday, June 8, 2021

To-Do Tuesday # 3 ~ Re-Evaluating

 

I have been sewing.

Linking up today with

To-Do Tuesday @ Chrisknits

Much of it has been hand sewing and stitching as my knee is still tweaking

and I have been sitting.

I have made more blocks and more hexagons for my 

Kingfisher Quilt

I have started a new large scale project 

to use up my 30's Reproduction Fabric scraps. 

This was my Scrappy Saturday Sewing.

This will be ongoing and it will pop up in my posts regularly.


~

Hmmm ... none of these projects were on my 

Last Week's Goals List

Sewing Goals ...

(1) Make new covers for outdoor swing ... not again :(

2) Cut and sew project for the Fairy Tales project ... yes, no peeking ;) 

3) Make more blocks for my Grand-darling's A-Z Quilt ... no ... sigh :( 

This is to be hand delivered when we visit in the fall and the  trip plan has been adjusted to a later date to allow for attending a family wedding reception. So I have more time to complete it.

Non-Sewing Goals ...


1) Plant window boxes and hanging baskets ... yes! :)


Here is another one. 


With Mr. Scrapatch's help,

 I actually got nine window boxes and three hanging baskets

 and several pots planted. 

There has also been hours of watering happening in the 90F plus heat.

Heat index is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit today. 

~

Well, at least I met my non-sewing goals.

~

It appears my "To Do List" goal making needs some re-evaluating.

I have always been hesitant to make weekly or monthly goals like this because I very much like to pick up whatever work in progress or new project appeals to me on any given day or night.

So I am adjusting my goals so that they may be more flexible

 and in line with my easily distracted quilty muse.

This Week's Goals:

1) Continue work on my Fairy Tale Blog Hop Project ...

sneak peek soon. 

2) Hand Stitch Project ...

finish lettering embroidery on beehive and/or work on cross stitch project.

3) Make Blocks for WIPs ...

not specifying project. 

4) Swing Cushion Covers ... this one is staying on the list.

I do have the fabric cut and I do want to sew new covers. 

The problem with this goal is the cushions are in usable condition and are in constant use on the swing in the shade outside. 

5) Sew my scraps.

I love using up my fabric scraps!

6) Take time to garden and smell the roses.


I am hoping my more generalized goal making

 will result in my feeling more accomplished. 

It could work ... ;)


7 comments:

Ivani said...

Lovely embroidery and gorgeous flowers.
Happy stitching!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful flowers...love window boxes. I really like
your embroidery project. Have a great day!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I always enjoy your posts. Super cute Bee skep embroidery

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, sorry the knee is still giving you issues. Your yard is looking very lovely. We ditched the heat for the week, and are nice and cool :) I'm loving your 30's log cabins. Have a great day!

Miaismine said...

I did a bit of research on Kingfisher quilts and wow! With your 30's fabrics it's sure to be a beauty! I'm sorry to hear about your knees and hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

chrisknits said...

I love that you are making your list your own! Good luck with your weekly goals, whatever they may be. Thanks for linking up with To-Do!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, such beautiful pictures in this post!! That color of rose is my favorite. Someday I hope to do a hexi-project. I love that you've organized yours in that little tin--again, another pretty pic.