Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday Fabric Play Day

 

Here in my progress on my version of the

Kingfisher Quilt @ Stitched in Color 

I have been enjoying the eye candy in the 

#kingfisherquilt

on Instagram and had this on my list for a long time.

I have had a stack of these  Hexagon Flowers in my sewing stash 

for a very, very long time ... since 2009.


I started this plan Here

These folded hexagon flowers are not EPP.

They were made from this tutorial: 

Tuna Can Hexagon Flowers by Cindy Prince @ Q&N


When I came across these folded hexagon flowers recently while I was spring cleaning, I decided to combine the two and drew up this plan.


I am machine appliqueing the hexagon flowers to the diamonds.

I am also machine stitching around the center hexagon. 

This project is a "Dreami" squirrel at the moment,

mostly because I sewed more Folded Hexagon Flowers 

while I was away sitting and stitching. 

If I can get myself to stop playing with these flowers and diamonds

I am going to try to catch up on my alphabet quilt blocks.

Ummm ... maybe tomorrow ... :) 

Hmmm ... maybe not ... :/

The weather is forecast for a good Saturday

 to work in the garden 

Time will tell.

Have a Happy Quilty Weekend! 


5 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Will be fun to see this continue to progress. I'm liking what I see!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Lovely project. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the look of this so much, might need another hexie project in the mix.

Dorian said...

Your flowers look great on those diamonds Pat. Glad you're getting some Spring.

Kathleen said...

Love this project and that tuna can technique is fun! They look fabulous!