Friday, April 2, 2021

#AtoZChallenge ~ B is For Block


B is for Block.

Here is today's block for my A-Z Quilt.

I am going to try to come up with a quilt word or term for each day, too.

B is for Blue

This block is blue.

This blue block is for the I-Spy Alphabet Quilt 

that I am designing for this challenge.

It will be a twin size quilt for a child. 

 B is for Book

I love books.

So I have a very large collection of quilt books.

These are my Lori Holt books.

The upper case letter blocks I am making are from her Spelling Bee book. 

I love the way these books are spiral bound on the inside

so that I can fold the pages over so they lay flat when I am cutting and piecing.


B is for "Bee in my Bonnet" Blog

Click Here to visit Lori Holt's Blog

where you will find a multitude of ideas, some from her books and some free.



I am really enjoying this


where today



B is for Button 

I love my colorful little jars of buttons.


I like to add them to projects, such as these pincushions. 

"Button. Button. Who's got the button?"


I used to play this game as a child in the 1950s, here in the U.S.A.
Did you used to play this game?
I am wondering if it is still played here or anywhere.


I will be posting everyday in April, except Sundays for the




Are you joining in the fun?

Happy Blogging! 


4 comments:

Maria L. Berg said...

These alphabet letter blocks are great! What do I want to spell out in fabric block letters? I've got some thinking to do.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty Blue Block, and Beautiful pincushions with Buttons ;))
Quilting Patchwork & Appliqué

Vivian said...

An Alphabet quilt always makes a great kid quilt! Ooh, maybe for some of the letters you can find I-Spy prints to use as the letter backgrounds too. Got to say, "blocks and books" are certainly two of my favorite quilty "B" words too!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love Lori Holt books. Your buttons are great, I have a box of buttons that when my kids were little they just loved to sort through them.