Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Like Thursday #91 ~ A is For April

 

"A" is for April ~ I like April

I like the showers and the flowers of April.

Today is rainy and will below freezing again tonight.


This photo was taken in the warm sun on Monday.

The colors are amazing ... blue to deep purple to almost pink ...

with yellow to orange to red in the centers ...

and those tiny green shoots.

Such a little flower ~ So beautiful!

Like a rainbow.


A is for an A-Z Quilt.

Making an alphabet quilt has been on my list.
Right now I do not have a plan.
This will be a design as I sew adventure.
I will be using this Spelling Bee book by Lori Holt to cut and sew my letters.
My quilty muse right now is thinking to add some of my novelty fabric scraps
and make an "I Spy" rainbow, alphabet quilt.


Block A is done.

The quilt block is a new start for April.

These fabrics and this book has been in stash for some time 

and it is time to sew something with them.

I have decided to unroll this rainbow jelly roll 

and sew one alphabet block a day in 26 different colors.

for the

#AtoZchallengeQuilt

I like a new blog challenge.

I am joining in this April fun: 

#AtoZChallenge2021Quilt 

hosted by 

Frederique @ Applique Patchwork Quilting

where I learned today that

"A is for abat-jour which means lampshade in French."

There are also several links showing how to make a DIY Fabric Lampshade cover.

I once covered an old lampshade with some scrap fabric.

Just for fun ... 

... here is my lampshade ... :) 

It was made in 2011 with extra fabric from making this favorite bed quilt.

Sadly, this lampshade was accidentally ruined when it was bent beyond repair the time one of my kitties knocked the lamp to the floor.

The quilts are worn but still quite lovely.

This small quilted A-Z Challenge is part of a much larger 




It is my first year following an participating in the challenge.
I am hoping to find a few new blogs to visit.
I like visiting new places and making new online friends.


For more letter "A" quilty fun, I am linking to my 



 I added improv applique details to my 

I am loving all these spring-like colors today.


"A" is for always finding things to like during the week
 and sharing them on Thursday with my friends... 


11 comments:

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi, what a great post. Looking forward to seeing your alphabet blocks. Take care.

Anne M Bray said...

Welcome to the A-Z madness!
Love your A block.

I'm on my 6th year of A-Z, I really enjoy it.
This year, I'm posting:
Art work: https://www.anne-m-bray.com/blog
and
Shoes: https://repeatsamb.blogspot.com/search/label/A-Z%202021

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love all your A! Pretty lampshade and great appliqué tuto! I will try one day, appliqué by machine is still a mystery to me ;)

Sherrie said...

Hi,
This is my first year for the A to Z. Looking forward to doing this one.
Like your idea of an A to Z quilt. Have a great day!

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

Welcome to the A to Z Challenge! I look forward to seeing your quilt grow.
Black and White: A for Atlantis

PaintedThread said...

The crocuses are beautiful! Good luck with your challenge!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love crocuses, too, especially the purple ones. Your Spelling Bee quilt is going to be fun! Have a good time with the A to Z challenge!

piecefulwendy said...

I think you get an A+ for this post! The crocus are so pretty, and clever idea using the ABC's for the challenge!

Maria L. Berg said...

Great post. I like the contrast in that applique pillow. Very eye-catching.

LA Paylor said...

I just looked through your alphabet blocks.... and posts... so clever and fun. I love buttons too, and that jelly roll idea, and the kitties...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Been watching your letters, love the jelly roll you are using. The pillow you added the applique to is awesome too. Love crocuses a huge splash of color.