Thursday, December 10, 2020

Blazing Star Block PIllow ~ Fat Quarter Shop QAL

 


Here is my newest soft and squishy quilty creation!

My Blazing Star Block Pillow Cover!


This is the pieced Blazing Star Block, the original block design. 



Here is the link for all you need to know to sew along ...

Blazing Star Quilt Block @ FQS


Fat Quarter Shop has a lovely

 Blazing Star Quilt .pdf Pattern Available Here

and their

Free Video Tutorial from FQS Here


and a beautiful

Blazing Star Quilt Kit Here 



A Blooming Bunch Fabrics by Maureen McCormick

This beautiful blooming bunch of fabrics was not in shops when I made my sample block,

so I sewed my stash and chose



 Petals and Pots by Riley Blake Designs

for my fabrics.


I started with these fabrics Posted Here

I had some fun with the block and added some improv applique.

I called this "Appli-Play!"


Here is my finished pillow top. 

I love the way my improv applique shapes blazed this classic star block outward. 


This is the back of my pillow.

I added golden yellow decorative snaps to secure the envelope closure.

Click Here for my free Snap Attack Pillow Back Tutorial


This pillow looks wonderful with the


that I finished Finished Here.


With the small scraps from making my Blazing Star Block

I made this scrappy mug rug Posted Here

I love this wonderful Fat Quarter Shop QAL project!

Thank you, Fat Quarter Shop for this fun pattern and sew along! 


Hope to see you sewing this block pattern soon! 


2 comments:

Dorian said...

Very nice Pat, the colors are lovely and your aplpique is great. You did a great job. Have a lovely day.

Laura said...

Really lovely. Like the application of the applique. The geometric background is very effective. Love the binding fabric as well.