Friday, December 4, 2020

Grassy Creek Mystery ~ Decision Time Past Due


For the new Quiltville Mystery, I have decided on these fat quarter bundles,

first posted, with an alternate choice, two weeks ago Here. 

This is an older fabric line,  Summer Blush from Down Grapevine Lane,

that I have been wanting to make into a quilt. 

Now is the time!

Need to decide and get sewing! 

I am a week late getting the first clue sewn and am still dithering

on the rest of the fabrics needed to make the quilt.


 Here are my current choices: 

Choice #  1 ~ Scrappy 

... except for the white background fabric,

which is the Corey Yoder print in the bottom of the photo.

This is a closeup of the scrappy grays.

It is quite a  range in value, but so is Bonnie's picks. 

If I decide on scrappy, I may also just go for scrappy white, too. 


Choice # 2 ~   2 Fat Quarter Bundles plus these 3 prints. 


Choice # 3 ~ Alternate Gray ~  2 FQ Bundles plus 3

Mr Scrapatch has picked Choice # 3

I am leaning towards scrappy. 

Which would you choose?

Opinions Welcome! 

 

7 comments:

Dorian said...

Ohh, that is a hard choice my friend, but I think I would go with #1 :) Have fun, which ever you choose.

Lindah said...

Lovely range of colors. #3 would be my choice.
I haven't pulled my fabrics yet, but I do have in mind my colors. I'm doing a limited number of each mystery clue, so I think I can get away with pulling them as I go. Time will tell.
Have fun with it! And a Blessed Christmas to you and yours.

Dwbuckie said...

I like #3

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am still amassing fabric. So I will be behind at least 2 weeks. Hard choice. I can't decide.

Patti said...

I think it would be fun to see how #1 turns out!

Kimberly Smith said...

The top photo of your rainbow of scrappy colors, and then some gray too, seem to have the same printed pattern. That might add some rest or coordination to the quilt, which we know will have MANY small pieces. The bundles, however, would still be coordinated, but maybe not as restful? Call me less adventurous with mystery quilts, not just Bonnie's.

sue s said...

I like #3. When I do Bonnie's I always try to use a constant color or 2 because I find them too busy otherwise. The fat quarters you have will make a lovely quilt.