Thursday, December 17, 2020

I Like Thursday # 77 ~ Snow and Sew

 


Snowing ... snowing ... snowing.

We had about a foot when I woke up this morning 

and it will continue to snow until mid afternoon.

It is also very windy and cold.


It was an effort to even open out back door.



Nutmeg had to investigate then small patch of snow that got caught inside the door.

Kitty love to sit in the sun in this door and watch the birds and the critters.

No sun today and the backyard wildlife is sheltering in the evergreen trees and bushes.

 I will be staying inside and sewing, with occasional forays into the snow to shovel and sweep.

Mr. Scrapatch has decided he cannot get to work today which I think is a good thing.  

He will probably on snow removal duty most of the day and into the night. 


Today there is enough snow, he had to snow blow the back porch.
We have a rechargeable battery powered snow blower
that is lightweight and compact enough to do so.
Mr. Scrapatch reports we have 15-18" of the white stuff.
It will be a White Christmas this year!


I made a nice big pot of beef stew to warm and nourish us today.


I saw this and it seems a good theme for the day.

Between snow and sew breaks I will be visiting my friends@

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

Have a Happy Thursday! 



8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The snow looks very beautiful and I'm glad you shared pics! Hope you can stay inside all week! holiday hugs!

Carol Swift said...

The snow looks amazing, especially when you can be inside to enjoy it. Have fun sewing!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I'm glad you and Mr. Scrapatch are staying safe. That's a lot of snow! And that meme is just perfect for today! ~smile~ Roseanne

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is so pretty, but a lot of work to clean it up. I took a serious snow day of sewing as well.

PaintedThread said...

The snow has been pretty. That stew looks amazing!

Dorian said...

Oh what lovely, beautiful snow you have! I'm glad C decided to stay home, doesn't look like it would be good driving weather. Enjoy your sewing today :)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh I'm soooo jealous of all that snow! Beef stew is on our menu tonight--special request from one son who's home. Enjoy the snow sewing! My fav!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Glad Mr. Scrapatch could stay home, does he enjoy the digging out? Jeff used to, but it was because he was driving his snowplow. LOL We only got a couple of inches. The boys made sure I could get out and about. Your stew looks awesome.