Friday, December 11, 2020

Sewing Perspective ~Behind or Ahead?



Many gray and yellow half square triangles are sewn.

These are for the Grassy Creek Mystery @ Quiltville


Click Here for Grassy Creek Mystery Info

Technically,  I may be seen as behind because there as the new part out today 

and I am still on the last part.

If this sounds confusing, it may be because I am feeling it.

I may be behind in the mystery sewing 

but there is something where I may be ahead, for a change.


It is with the 

"THE PANTONE COLOR OF THE YEAR 2021

PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray + PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating

A marriage of color conveying a message of strength and hopefulness that is both enduring and uplifting."

Pantone Color of the Year 2021 

I love this color combo!

I am not even sure what the color was for 2020.

Must not have caught my eye or I was distracted by life. 

I just looked it up.  It was a nice peaceful-looking, Classic Blue.

Hmmm ... 'nuff said.

Let's move on to 2021.

I love yellow and gray quilts.

I have lots of these colors in my stash! 

Moving on ... my many batches of yellow and gray HSTs are done! 



 I am now sewing the next part.



1st of many hourglass sets done.

My weekend of sewing is ahead.

I am looking and sewing forward.

It is all a matter of perspective.

per·spec·tive
/pərˈspektiv/
See definitions in:
All
Art
Geometry
Audio
noun
  1. 1.
    the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.
    "a perspective drawing"
  2. 2.
    a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
    "most guidebook history is written from the editor's perspective"


From my certain point of view, it is all good. 

May all your perspectives be happy ones today. 

Have a happy, quilty weekend! 

1 comment:

Susie H said...

I'm collecting the Grassy Creek clues. No time for me quite yet to start but it looks intriguing this year. Love the colors she chose but I've never been one to follow all the colors to a T. Have fun sewing up those clues!