Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wifely Wednesday ~ BOW Week #1

 
 
Basketweave Block # 4 

This is my first Farmer's Wife block!
 
I have joined in the fun of the Block Of The Week Quilt-along here ...
 
I have been wanting to start one of these quilts for some time
 and I purchased the book ...


... and it has been sitting on a shelf.  At one point I even had a stack of fabric from my stash that I was considering for these blocks.  Then I dithered about my fabric choices and starting the project went sideways.
 
Time to Sew!
 
One of the reasons for buying the book were the blocks I saw popping up each week on the blog of my friend Tiffaney Is Sew Busy
 
Here are some of her pretty Wifely Wednesday blocks!
  
The Block of the Week will be posted each Monday on the Q&N
 
I have decided to use scrap fabrics from my stash for this project, soft medium shades of blue, pink, rose, lavender, green, yellow in small to medium prints, tone-on-tones, and gingham checks with a scrappy white tone-on-tone or small prints on white background.
 
 
Here are my scrappy start-up fabrics.  I will be adding more as needed. 
 
I am really looking forward to making these block and seeing all the other ones popping up in the Q&N Forum BOW Thread.
 
Hope you will join us!
 
New members are always very welcome at the The Quilt & Needle !

I am also linking up again at

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 WIP Wednesday

So very pretty quilts coming together in this lovely linky party!
 
:-)
 
 

3 comments:

Delia Moran said...

I love your scrappy fabrics. So pretty! That basketweave block looks very Christmas-y. :D

Brenda said...

I have been stashing civil war fabric 1/8 and fat quarters away for this project. I saw a quilt top made for with the farmers wife block made with this fabric and decided that it would be the quilt I would make for hubs and my bed because he would like those fabrics best. I think I will put you on my sidebar and you will be my inspiration to get one done a week also!

Tiffaney said...

You are so sweet. I love your block.