Friday, June 17, 2022

I Like Thursday # 144 ~ My Secret Backyard Garden

 


Welcome to my secret garden. 

I am a day late posting for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

In truth, I feel like I am a day late for many things.

Since it is summer here, I do not mind.

I have been spending I lot of time outside in my garden.

I am still planting annuals in my summer window boxes.

Here is the view from my big backyard swing.

That big hanging yellow pot under the new gazebo roof is a pansy!

I have never had a pansy pot create such a golden halo of blooms.

The pansies have lasted much longer than usual, perhaps due to the unevenness of our weather.  It has been hot, cool, breezy, storm and everything in between.

We have put the windowboxes of pansies around the deck where they will not be in the hot sun all day and they are continuing to bloom.

These photos were taken almost a week ago.


Today is a cloudy day and the first pink roses are scattering petals

but there are still many buds waiting to open!

The pink climbing roses we planted four years ago on either side of our new gate have grown over the top on both sides.

This photo Posted Here is what our new gate looked like in 2019.


The hard topped gazebo is our new addition to our secret garden this year.


This is the man who did all the work to create this lovely backyard for us.

Yes, he built the entire gazebo by himself.  I offered to help.

Mr Scrapatch is very much a do it himselfer.

I supplied coffee and nourishment and occasionally helpful comments.

I do help with making our garden grow and bloom.


My beautiful salmon colored America Climbing Rose is blooming. 
I am very happy to see this.
This bush was over the top of the trellis the last two years but had an extreme amount of winter kill this year. There was so much deadwood that I had to cut it back to the ground to find the few green shoots that remained


The bush is small but healthy and green and growing.

I am so happy to share this with you today.

May you have a beautiful and happy weekend, my friends!

I will be celebrating my man with my boys 
and playing in my garden. 


7 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

Your secret garden is beautiful! Your pink climbing roses are amazing and in just a couple of years! Well done!

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely garden space! It's pure magic the way the flower petals have rained upon your "floor", creating a fragrant carpet for your dear feet! Gardening is my true passion. I am hopeful that after my tests this month, doctors will be able to discover a treatment protocol to get me back on my feet! You have inspired me!Thanks for sharing your backyard beauty. xx

LA Paylor said...

oh what a haven your yard is. I love the gazebo and that salmon colored rose is my favorite. No roses here until we can get back out again if ever.

Angela said...

Your garden looks so lovely and inviting!

PaintedThread said...

I missed this last week - great looking garden! It's such a pretty yard.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You may have been a day late, but I'm a full week late reading your post! What a lovely garden, Pat! The roses climbing over the trellis are amazing. Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day with your family!

Karl-Heinz said...

What a lovely garden. Gardening is a true passion and as you can see, you have.
Best regards
Karl-Heinz