Thursday, June 30, 2022

I Like Thursday # 145 ~ Clearly Now

 


Good Morning and Happy Thursday!

I am joining in today with my friendly blogging friends for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

where we share the things that have made us smile this week.

My week has had many smiles but I have not been taking photos. 

Sound tract for the day:

I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash, 1972

Last night I was awakened by the lightning flashing 

and the house shaking with thunder.

Today the air is clean and fresh.

We needed the rain as it has been a very dry early summer. 

The post that had been forming in my head for today was the thought that:


"I am busy being not busy."

I saw this post on Instagram:

"I lied and said I was busy" by coco.crochet.lee

which I found interesting. 

This made me think about how sometimes I have said to friends "I have been busy" when what I really was needing to say is, "I have been busy being quiet and finding my inner strength and filling my inner need for solitary, quiet contemplation." 

Or words to that effect.

While I was contemplating and occasionally wandering the internet,

 this I also came across this image:


"I'M NOT BUSY Do I Still Exist?" @ The Beautiful Place


So ...


I admit freely ... 


I have not been busy.


I have been just being.


How are you today?


May my simple thoughts go out to you in hopes to bring you a smile today.



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

We all need some quiet down time to just take it easy and enjoy relaxing. Have a pleasant weekend!

PaintedThread said...

I desperately need some down time. I'm hoping for some this weekend...

Angela said...

I applaud you for taking the time to be quiet! Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone did that on occasion!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We have many chats here about what our version of "busy" is now that we are retired. Sometimes we laugh at what constitutes a busy day for us now. I am loving it though, this time which has been earned to not rush out of the house and return bone weary. To mostly spend my time as I want. Just "being" is good. Thanks Pat, for these reflective thoughts.