Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday Focus ~ Patterns by Susan Ache ~ Free and Not Free

It has come to my quilty attention 

that I have never made a bed size red, white and blue quilt.

How is this possible?

I love these colors. 

Some of these fabrics I pulled for a quilt a ew years back that never was sewn.

I am going to be adding and subtracting but this is a good start for the upcoming



Susan Ache is not new to quilt-alongs.


I followed along but did not sew for this lovely

Stitching Kindness SAL by Susan Ache @ Moda, 2022

I love the beautiful quilty goodness of 

Susan Ache @yardgrl60

Of course, I saved the pattern:

Stitching Kindness Free Pattern PDF Here

This sew and stitch along also could be found at 

Stitching Kindness @ Auribuzz 2022

I thought at the time that this would be a nice red, white and blue quilt.


For more of Susan's creative kindness, you may find ...

6 Free Cross Stitch Patterns by Susan Ache @ FQS Here

As not everything may not be free 

and pattern designers need to earn a living, too.

I have also purchased and enjoyed 

Susan Ache Books and Patterns

So when I saw this beautiful new book

Summer Memories by Susan Ache @ FQS

I was intrigued.

Then I saw this announcement and was even more intrigued ... 


Summer Memories Quilt Along @ Fat Quarter Shop

This is Not-A-Free-Quilt-Along 

as you must purchase the book. 

The book is well written and it has six quilts and 10 cross stitch patterns

and all of them are wonderful!

I think the flag quilt is the best flag quilt pattern that I have seen.

It is well worth the purchase price in my humble opinion.

To see all of the quilts, watch the following video preview ... 

Trunk Show Here @ Fat Quarter Shop

I so enjoyed the trunk show that I also enjoyed the 

Video of Livestream with Susan Ache @ FQS Here

I particularly enjoyed learning how Susan sorts and selects her fabrics.

The quilts are scrappy and could be made with stash fabrics.


Purchase the Summer Memories Book Here

I have all the fabrics I need in my stash.

I need more medium to light blue fabrics and a border fabric 

and I know I have just what I need in my fabric closet. 

I will go spelunking in there as soon as I dig out my quilting room.


I do hope to be back to work in my sewing corner in time

 to start this on May 1st.

Time will tell. 



4 comments:

Dorian said...

Looks like you have a good plan for all those lovely fabrics Pat. It will be good to get back into your sewing space. Have a great day.

Chantal said...

You have found a wonderful pattern for those lovely prints. Enjoy! ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

The fabrics for both quilts are very pretty. But what about Irish Chain? I miss that quilt, happy stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love Susan Ache and have featured her a couple times on the blog. How nice to showcase her talents like this. Just love that new quilt idea and what a fabulous book that is. I am so tempted...