Saturday, April 8, 2023

Scrappy Saturday Sewing ~ Folded Hexagons

A Little Scrappy Saturday Stitching

With my sewing machine tucked out of the home project way, 

I have been crocheting, but missing the feel of the fabric.

Today I decided to pull open this small hand sewing project box 

and do a little hand stitching.

These folded hexagon flowers are destined for an old WIP:

My Kingfisher Quilt ~ UFO

This is what it looked like the last time it was out of my project box. 

I have long admired the colorful quilts that I have seen in the 

Kingfisher Stitch-Along @ Stitched in Color 


I am making my own version of this with my hexagon flowers. 

These folded hexagon flowers are not EPP.

They were made from this tutorial: 

Tuna Can Hexagon Flowers by Cindy Prince @ Q&N

Over the years, I have developed my own method of cutting and folding.

My hand stitching skills are definitely a little rusty today.

I was not entirely happy with how my stitches looked.

I am going to need to work on that if 

I am ever to have enough flowers for my planned quilt. 

I need about 9 more.

Hope this one gets done someday soon, too.


Hope you are having a Happy Easter Weekend!




No comments: