Thursday, April 13, 2023

I Like Thursday # 163 ~ Good Morning!




Good Morning!  

Today is ...

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

This week LeeAnna asked us if we are a night owl or morning person

and if we are happy with what we are.

I am a bit of both and have a seasonal approach.

The phrase I think of when I hear this question is:

"Turn Around and Say Good Morning to the Night" 

Listen to "Good Morning To the Night" 

by Elton John ~ Remix Lyric Video

In winter, when the days are short and the temperatures are well below freezing

 and we keep the thermostat low, I am a night owl.

I hunker under the warm toasty quilts with the kitties to keep me warm,

long after Mr Scrapatch gets up and goes to work.

I do not turn up the heat until I get up for my morning brew 

and am puttering about.

I stay up late and have even been known to be sewing or crocheting at midnight,

long after my hard-working hubby has gone to bed.

In spring my body starts to wake up from its self imposed mini-hibernation.

As soon as it starts getting lighter in the morning, 

I start getting up earlier and earlier.

Then daylight savings time arrives and my body wakes me up. 

I look outside the window and I think, "Why is it so dark?" 

Then I often snuggle back in for another hour.


My internal seasonal clock is now just starting to arrive

 at the point between the seasons 

where I can get up when it is still dark and enjoy watching the morning sun

 creep around the houses to the east of me and shine in my windows 

and slide around the south side of the house. 

The sleepy eyed kitties join me. 

This is one of my favorite times of year.

I am up. I am energized. 

I start getting out into the yard to clean up winter's debris.

I am content.

I am always happy with who I am, what I am, when I am.

I am what I am. 



I am a fabric lover.

This is a new line and I could not resist. 

My favorite print is the width-of-fabric ombre garden, 

Wild Blossoms Rainbow 48730 11

This is a half-yard cut.

Wild Blossoms by Robin Pickens for Moda Fabrics


I love Robin Pickens fabric, patterns and use of color.

Robin Pickens Website




I found my Wild Blossoms fabric at 

Wild Blossoms ~ Fat Quarter Shop


May you and yours have a Happy Thursday! 


5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

oh, how beautiful from your prose to the fabric. I LOVE the focus fabric and will go over to see the line. Where did you order it from?
Your post read like a beautiful poem
LeeAnna

Angela said...

Such pretty fabric! Who can resist?

PaintedThread said...

Wow, you could get a lot of different pieces from that one cut of fabric!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The fabrics are beautiful! I used to be a night owl but I've turned into an early morning person who occasionally stays up late. Happy stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These fabrics are beautiful and so summery too. Just the thing to be sewing with after the long winter.