Thursday, April 20, 2023

I Like Thursday # 164 ~ The Scent of Spring

 

Good Morning!  

Today is ...

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

This week LeeAnna asked us to make a list of my favorite scents.

"Raindrops on roses ..."  immediately popped into my mind.

Yes, I do like the scent of roses ... and spring rain ...

and, well, then, raindrops on roses.

My roses are not blooming so I shall show a photo

of one of my favorite scented bushes that is blooming.  

This sweet and spicy scented bush has been blooming each spring

 in our yard as long as I can remember, which means the 1950s.


It is too cold today, almost freezing, so I cut a small bouquet

 and now it is perfuming my home.

It is my very favorite scent of spring.


Another favorite morning scent ... coffee.

The first whiff of coffee each morning is the one my hubby brews 

when he gets up to feed the kitties and get ready for work.  

My nose peeks out of the quilts each morning to this lovely aroma 

and my feet soon follow to the kitchen coffeemaker.


Today there was also the scent of fresh baked blueberry donuts

from a local shop to add to the lovey morning coffee scented air.

Mr. Scrapatch picked these up on his way to work 

and stopped back at home to drop this yummy treat off for me

 before he got on the highway.

This donut shop is a small local place 

and it is within walking distance to my home. It makes the best donuts.

I have saved the second donut which is lemon iced blueberry

for my afternoon tea break.


Time to stitch! 

This is my progress on hand stitching my crochet collage motifs to my pillow top.


Yesterday I was watching Mr. Harris go to Paris on my Ipad while I stitched.

This was a fun movie. I could almost smell the roses.

What should I watch next while I stitch. 


Katniss is keeping me company while she naps in the sunny window.

Katniss wishes to supply the "whiskers on kittens" part of the song

and is one of my favorite things, too. 




May your Thursday also be filled with lovely snacks and sounds and scenes and scents today!



5 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, yes to the smell of morning coffee!

PaintedThread said...

That doughnut looks delicious!

LA Paylor said...

love donuts! love and haven't had in a long time. whiskers on kittens, yep. precious. Thoughtful husband...

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How thoughtful your hubby is! I love your crocheted flowers, btw, and I don't think they have to look like the photos in the book to be beautiful. Your piece with be stunning!

Linda said...

What a sweet post! Mr. Scrapatch is so nice to bring you a fresh donut. Katniss looks very content. Have a lovely weekend!