Monday, July 21, 2014

Playing with Cotton + Steel



I am saving most of this to take with me to sew with My Girl when I visit her in September, 


but these fabrics are sew lovely that I have to play today!


Butterfly agrees.


Sew ... I am sewing!


I am also binding my Easy Lattice Charm Quilt today!


In the last few days, I pieced the backing.


Sandwiched and got ready to quilt ...


Katniss helped. 


I quilted.


Butterfly helped.


I bought a large quilting weight cone of white



I use the 50/2 thread in 2021 exclusively for piecing.

This is the first time I have purchased online from this shop although I have bought many cones and spools from Donna in nearby quilt shows but I was out of white quilting thread and shopped online this time.
As always, her service is good and I will definitely do so again.

I usually use Superior King Tut for quilting and Aurifil for piecing, but I think I am going to be buying more Aurifil quilting cotton in the future as my machine and I are very happy with this thread.

Today I am binding my quilt!


Butterfly is helping.


So I am also sewing.

This is an "improv"  project.

It will be a table quilt.

I am trying to decide on the next border band ... 


(1) ?


(2) ??


(3) ???


Katniss has no opinions and is snoozing next to my new little scrap jar'
that will only be for  Cotton + Steel.


Butterfly is no help because she is snoozing on my chair.

This mean I will be binding my quilt while I decide.

Would you like to help be decide ...

1 ... 2 ... or 3 ????

One thing I have decided is that there will be


some more easy lattice happening in this new project!

What are you working on today?

I am linking up again this morning with one of my favorite link-ups ...

Design Wall Monday @ Patchwork Times

As always there are lots of inspiring projects in the links.

Have a happy quilty day!

:)



3 comments:

Shari said...

Pretty fabric! At first I thought I liked #1, but looking at the larger pictures, I think I like #2 best. Enough cat naps...gently poke those pretty kitties and wake them for their professional opinions; follow up with a little catnip and all will be well ;0)

Carol Swift said...

Love that fabric! Looks like you've had a very productive day. :O)

sandra said...

Your kitties are so helpful. I love that fabric and I think I like 1. We don't seem to have Aurafil up in Canada as I having been looking for it. I guess I might have to order on line. Keep on quilting they are all so beautiful.
Hugs and Blessings Sandra