Thursday, June 11, 2020

I Like Thursday # 59 ~ I Like Color



I Like the Colors of the World


My roses of many colors are blooming.


I like roses and their perfect buds.


This perfect bud is Rosa "New Dawn"


It is now a perfect bloom.


I like the colors of these tiny rose bud prints from the 

Catalina Fabric Collection by Fig Tree Quilts

I think I want to make a log cabin quilt with these. 


I used these for my pincushion today for the

Day 11 ~ Pincushion Parade Blog Hop @ DaybrookDesigns

For my pincushion, I used the


Foundation Pieced Pincushion Tutorial
 @ Lois & Clark Connection


I foundation pieced the back, too with my extra strip pieces.


Here are the front and back panels for my pincushion.


I like this pincushion front ...


... and back.


I like the book that has been my backyard swing and late night reading this week.,

The Quilter's Filed Guide to Color by Rachel Hauser


This book has glorious swatch page cards to cut out and play with!
So far I have not been able to cut them apart to use them.
I need to find my courage and go snip ... snip ... snip.

This colorful book is from one of my favorite quilting blogs,
Stitched in Color

While I was visiting there I found Rachel's


Penny Sampler Annual Membership
This looks sew intriguing.

I am seriously considering joining.
Anyone think they might like to to sew along with me on this one? 

I hope you have enjoyed my color play today.


Linking up with my blogging friends at
I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

May you have a happy and colorful day! 


8 comments:

PaintedThread said...

I love the fabrics in that pin cushion. Your roses are beautiful! "Glorious" is a good word for that swatch page! :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like color, too - in flowers and in fabric! I've been enjoying your pincushion parade on Instagram, Pat!

Dorian said...

Roses are my favorite too :) And your's are beautiful, just like you. I enjoy reading Rachael's site as well, have fun with the penny sampler. And have a lovely day.

Rebecca said...

I understand the pet first and cut apart the pages later...
How about making a color copy of the pages and cut those out?
then you can swatch and pet both!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely post! Beautiful roses and I bet they smell heavenly. I also like your fabric...it is both modern and homey at the same time. Such a pretty pincushion. I will have a look at that penny sampler sal...those blocks definitely interest me.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous roses. Your pincushion is lovely and I love those fabrics.

moosecraft said...

I love the bright colored roses in the first pic! I use "Bioadvanced Rose & Flower Care". It is a food and pesticide in pellet formula that you work into the soil surrounding the base of the rose. Normally I do not use pesticide because of the bees... but, I only have 2 rose bushes (and only use it on the rose bushes). It does a great job of keeping the aphids, beetles and whatever else devours my roses...
I sure am enjoying the pinkeeps!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

New Dawn is such a delicate and subdued pink. It's like the petals ought to be made of chiffon. The Quilter's Field Guide to Color intrigues me. Must go look for it. Cheers!