Tuesday, February 23, 2016

It's Toady Time!


Applique Block 1 Done
for the










I had sew many beautiful fabrics from


to choose from!

I took my time playing with these and decided on fabrics, colors and placements.

I also made a small design change and decided to make a butterfly instead of a fly.

I decided it had to be purple, a colors that does not appear in the pretty
 Farm Girl fabrics.
No problem, though.
I have a lovely collection of Riley Blake brights 
to add to the quilt ... :)

Then it was time to applique ...


My applique skills are improving, I think.

I admit I still feel all thumbs.

This block took all day yesterday and it was after midnight before I gave up and went to bed
 and then all morning today just to finish up the butterfly and the smallest pieces on toady's eye.

I got another day behind in my 365 Block Challenge.


I am very happy with my cheery 



Thanks, Amy!

It may only be free for another week though, so get it now.

Next week we will have two more free blocks to add to our garden from:

Carol – Just Let Me Quilt
Ready and waiting and looking forward to the March blocks!

Must go play 365 catch-up ... Happy Quilting!

Linking up with the lovely quilty inspiration 




Fresh Poppy Design

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

This block made me giggle, just too cute.

Dorian said...

YOu did a great job Ms Pat! I am not doing the applique blocks at all, just not my thing. Although it's totally adorable.

Turid said...

I really love your block!

Unknown said...

This is an adorable block! I love machine appliqué. Looking forward to the rest of the blocks!

jan said...

Pat this is just too adorable! I love it. SO cute! xoxoxo