Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Honey Buns & Free Pattern Fun



This Mini Moda Honey Bun has been in my stash for a long time.

I have no idea how it came to be in my stash.
This is not a precut size that I recall ever buying.

Honey Buns are collections of 1 1/2" x 42" strips of fabric produced by Moda Fabrics. 
Honey Buns typically include 40 strips of fabric but can vary,
like my mini roll which has 20 strips.

This little honey bun came out of my stash for a photo today
because I saw this cute 



Free Quilt Pattern that is made using a Honey Bun Roll.



For fun, I did some window shopping for fresh Honey Buns

@


and found quite a few tasty fabrics that I would like to see in this pattern.
including the
shown in the free pattern.

I think I would use a different line, though. 

Of course, I could also just sew my stash
and use the mini bun
or cut 1.5" strips from my stash.

The pattern looks like a good  choice for a "Stash Buster" quilt.

I am not buying fabric today but it is fun to look.

Which one would you choose?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit 2/26/2020





Just saying ... ;) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have to say that I would probably cut strips from my stash. I am just not buying fabric for patterns. But I AM so bad. Equilter sends me an link to a survey and gift me a $7 gift certificate which covers shipping and I can always find a fabric or 3 that I think I can't live without. It's out for delivery today, lol. I'll watch to see which YOU choose.
xx, Carol