Thursday, February 27, 2020

I Like Thursday #46 ~ Scrappy & Happy


My mini tea rose is blooming on my sunny south facing kitchen windowsill.
I shared the story of this gift in my 

This is my first bloom of the year for 2020. 

It has been such a mild February that the buds are starting 
to get fat on my forsythia in my back yard.  
The ground is cracking where some of my bulbs are planted.
Spring is coming soon!


I have been taking this advice from a quilt to heart
and have been tending these thoughts.

I had three projects in the red and not finished.

I am happy to say I have checked two of them off the my list this week.






Both of these were made from extra fabrics from other projects,
were made entirely from stuff in my stash,
and up-cycled old pillows.

My third project of the week is still in the red ...



I have not yet got it done.

As you can see, this is very much a "all paws on" effort


Nutmeg says,  "We still have time, Mommy.  I will help!"

I do have hopes of getting this done tomorrow or Friday ... or ...


Saturday Leap Day may be my lucky day!

Just in time to start another cross stitch ...

You may download this




I am finding common threads today with the


who always share what makes them feel happy.

May you have a Happy Thursday!


7 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your pillows are wonderful! They made me very happy today! That image of your cat trying to help is so fun! Have a wonderful week!

PaintedThread said...

Still loving that lily. Ah... pretty rose.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pretty rose, and the quilts are fabulous. I have been doing a wee bit more cross stitch the last few days too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love those pillow finishes. Great job, Pat. I am almost finished my cross stitch, Swirling Flowers; I am feeling ready for a new one too.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! That photo with Nutmeg helping you out with your cross stitch is just priceless. First, the little paw is helping and then he's biting the thread. I love it. I think you have enough time to get your OMG project complete - good luck. ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Love your pillows and your little stitch project. Your helper is pretty cute too, with that little nose peeking out. Here's to making the most of our leap day!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

The photo of your cat and the needlework is precious. She certainly looks like she's ready to take a stitch at your bidding. :-)