Thursday, February 6, 2020

I Like Thursday # 43 ~ Coffee, Cats, Groundhogs and Quilts


"Is it Thursday Morning, Mommy?"
says the sleepy Nutmeg.


It is  lightly snowing here today. 

So ... as usual ... New England Weather is paying no attention to ...



who predicted an early spring last Sunday.


On Sunday Mr Scrapatch and I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl and
munching the goodies made by our oldest Scrapatch Hatchling.



This is my actual annual take on Groundhog Day ...


This always makes me smile.

My groundhogging is complete for the year until ...


... our local ground hogs
(photo taken last summer)
come out to tell us that spring has sprung.

Then I will believe it.


So today I am sitting inside and listening to the plows
and trying to stitch ... with Maestro's help.



My new toy is this Coffee Pod Maker.


... to go green and reduce our coffee pod waste.


I also bought some easily recycled paper filters to reduce the grit and grinds in my cup.


I like coffee.

I like sharing with my friends @


and enjoying life's kindnesses and blessings.

Happy Thursday! 


10 comments:

Bernie Kringel said...

Love the coffee pod maker. My Keurig came with a different sort of refillable pod but it was a pain to use - this looks better to me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that you have actual groundhogs who visit your yard! Although I wonder if they dig tunnels underneath? That wouldn't be so good! I liked your "6 more weeks of quilting" sign! I'll go with that! Doesn't matter if it's winter or spring when you're a quilter. :) Happy Thursday, Pat!

Michele McLaughlin said...

My mom's birthday is Groundhog's Day. She says if the groundhog sees his shadow: 6 more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow: 6 more weeks of winter! LOL! Have a wonderful snow day!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OK I don't watch TV often. But that is a cute commercial. Made me laugh out loud. I once wandered into Punxsutawney, PA when I was out wandering. It was late winter, early spring.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Bloomtopia blocks are so nice with that pretty fabric you've chosen and of course, love the cross stitching. The poor groundhog that does our predicting here couldn't do it because of a snow storm. Ironic.

PaintedThread said...

I love that Jeep commercial. Oh, spring. We got mostly sleet today.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I have the k-cup maker and use it all the time. I have found some of the coffee I've tried - Seattle's Best for one - tends to fall through the small holes. There is a small filter that you can buy that is compostable along with the coffee and saves the grit from the bottom of the cup and pot. I have mine at work because I use a regular coffee maker at home. Here's to six more weeks of quilting. ~smile~ Roseanne

claudia said...

Nutmeg looks like me every morning! I feel ya buddy!
That commercial is a hoot! Thank you for sharing that! I need to get on YouTube and watch the others...I'm so behind on everything!
I'm afraid that early Spring here just means more rain! I am grateful for the weather at hand, but it's just getting so boring! I don't get to sit and sew during the rain or snow, I have so many appointments lately for different stuff, none of which can be avoided!
I received two pounds of coffee beans from a friend for Christmas. I had to go buy a grinder, so I could use them! I was getting tired of tossing those danged pods out (although I know I can reuse some for starting seeds). We'll see how I do with the reusable pod!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I won a k-pod machine in a raffle a few years ago. I ought to open the box to see if it actually works. I like a strong cup of black coffee but if I drink too much my body goes nuts. Hence the never been used machine.

LA Paylor said...

argh! it erased my entire long oomment!!! let's see.... what did I say.... love love the oommercial! Thanks for that laugh this morning. we have had so much snow since last Friday that the street glaciers are tall and dangerous. No plowing in CO... apparently the leaders here have never been anywhere that actually clears the streets so they think this is fine. Brill to make your own pods... we still make pots of coffee old school. Your kitties are just so sweet and good companions.