Monday, February 24, 2020

My Sweet Lily


My Sweet Lily Cushion is Done!



For this project I found some red and white fabrics from my stash.

The very detailed and well written pattern for this project may be found 
@

As this is a new release, it is on sale now for a short time.


This is the block in my 


Even the 20' pillow is an old one that was in a closet waiting for a new cover.


 I quilted it and made the back Here


I have wanted to make a while lily block for a long time
and I really like the look of this modern take on the traditional block.
The white fabric is a Zen Silky and it has a lovely feel and sheen.
The red prints are leftovers from a red and white quilt.


Here is the back of the pillow with my favorite snap back closure.
This was also made with extra fabric from another project
and pieces form my stash.
The border is fat quarter of a Bonnie and Camille diagonal stripe.
The red solid is Bella Country Red.

The pattern gave good instructions for making an envelope back.
I added my touch with this snap closure.


My quilty kitties and I are really happy with this nice cushy project.  

I really like this pattern and hope to make a four block quilt
in floral and pastel fabrics this spring, which may be soon. 

It has been so warm here that had my south facing windows open the last two days.

Spring is coming! 

5 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It’s gorgeous and I love your red/white variation

Danette said...

This is just lovely! Kitty cat approved, also.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That turned out gorgeous.

Farm Quilter said...

Very pretty pillow!! It is important to keep the quilt kitties happy as well!!

Sandra Walker said...

What a terrific cushion! I love the red and white and how you quilted it just takes it to another level!