Sunday, October 3, 2021

Halloween Stitch Along ~ Day 3

 


Day 3 is done for the 

 October Halloween Stitch Along @ Pine Needles

This is the first time I have backstitched on aida in a very long time.


My aida fabric is hand dyed 11 count from Garibaldi's Needleworks.

I like gray backgrounds and they are difficult to find in 10 or 11 count aida

so I am happy to have found a good source of these beautiful hand dyes. 

My DMC floss is all colors from my stash.

I am happy with how this is stitching up.

The motifs in the blocks and the frames are small enough for me to complete in day. I am hopeful that I will be able to keep up and have the stitching complete by Halloween.

Time will tell.

I hope you and yours have had a happy weekend

and may your coming week be filled with love.


3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Cute start, cute needleminder and neat fabric. Wonderful!

Linda said...

That was fast! Love the colors and design.

VA said...

What a cute project! I'm really happy that you posted this. I haven't done cross stitch in 20+ years, but I just ordered aida cloth (I'll have some catching up to do). Looking forward to seeing your progress!