Friday, October 1, 2021

I Like Thursday #110 ~ Happy October!


Welcome to "I Like Thursday" on Friday.

Better a day late than a week wait. 

I am posting my Bats & Boos Quilt one last time because I am participating in the 


WIPS -B Gone 2021 Challenge @ Devoted Quilter

Details in the link above.

This quilt arrived in its new home yesterday and my daughter sent me a few photos.

I decided to post the one of my grand-pup, Sierra, who loves my quilts.

Sierra is looking older and grayer around her face.

Sierra with her soulful eyes looks to be saying, 

"My turn on the Grammy quilt, please." 

We have not visited my daughter since pre-pandemic.  

There were plans to make the journey to Indiana this month but for reasons I shall not explain, this plan has fallen by the side of the road.  Perhaps next spring we may be able to travel and see My Girl and her little family again.  In the meantime I send my love with my quilts. I make quilts for dogs and children and cats to love.  There will be spills and drools and scratches and someday the fabrics and threads will give up the ghost but the love shall live forever.


On a happier note, I was able to get together with three of my oldest and best friends for lunch yesterday,
 all of whom I had also not seen since pre-pandemic days.
We are, left to right, me, Sue, Elaine and Helen.
I have known Sue since I was in high school. 
We met at Helen's home.
It was good to sit and nosh and chat again.
We are hoping to make our lunch buddies thing more regular again. 


Happy October to all my readers!
I am glad to live in a world with Octobers and friends and quilts.

Fabulous Freebie Find for October:





... is a daily download from Pine Needles.

I have floss and aida cloth. 
I am saving the steps right now and trying to decide 
if I should even think about starting a new project. 


Linking up today with the

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

May your October be happy and full of friendship and fun.

Have a Happy Thursday! 




3 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Your granddog looks quite comfy on your quilt. It's a nice thought to think of our quilts being used and loved to death, don't you think?!! It gives us a reason to make them another. Thanks for sharing the photo of you and your friends. That felt just great, didn't it?!! Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, so sorry you wont be able to see your girls :( I know how much you miss them. It's nice you were able to meet up with your girlfriends though! Enjoy the cooler Fall days.

Linda said...

Love the photo with Sierra! Sorry your trip didn't pan out but I hope you get to go soon. Glad you had time with your friends.