Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Good Day For a Quilting Adventure


Today I  loaded a quilt onto my long arm frame. 

This is a quilt I made several years ago and it has waited patiently in my closet 
while I saved up for my long arm machine.




I made a pieced back for this one with left over triangles
and panel squares from the front.

Since I had originally thought I would be quilting this on my Janome,
I did not make the backing large enough for my longarm frame. 


I was wide enough, but I had to add strips to the top and bottom 
to pin it onto my frame.


Although top and back were rolled together in the closet.
both were very wrinkled and needed a good pressing.

Sometimes when I look at a quilt top in my pile in the closet,
I am not as much in love with the fabrics or pattern as I once was.

This is not the case with this quilt ... :-) 


I still love the soft colors and realistic looking birds of these fabrics
and the hour glass setting blocks.

I am seeing free motion feathers in the future of this quilt. 


As always, Maestro has been a very helpful quilty kitty.

It has been a rainy day and night here in my quilty corner.
A good day to stay in and quilt.

Sweet quilty dreams! 

3 comments:

claudia said...

So pretty! I bet you are excited to get it quilted and bound!

Susan said...

Maestro looks like he has raven claws and is holding the quilt. Maybe he is ready for Halloween.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, my - I made a couple of quilts with this fabric line when it came out. It probably is so happy to becoming to a finish.