Friday, October 18, 2019

Had To Have It Fabric ~ Painted Meadow


This is 

Isn't it gorgeous?

It has been a no sew day here.

has  brought late fall to my quilty corner.
The leaves are falling, falling, falling.
Our "getting the house and yard ready for winter" efforts are in full swing.
The yard swings will hopefully be put away by the end of the weekend. 
The flower beds need to be winterized.
The to-do list is long and time is  suddenly short.
The storm windows need to be all in place.
The late fall has caught my hubby in the middle of replacing the old storm windows 
in the front with new and improved thermal windows.
The window air conditioning units need to be taken down 
so those storm windows can be put in place.
Brrrrrr!
The scrapatch is breezy! 

So when this wonderful summery fat quarter bundle arrived today it brought 
a breath of warm summer air into the house.

I have no idea what I am going to sew with this.
I just knew I had to have this fabric.
I love every fat quarter. 


Her Blue Coneflower Fabric  fabric is my favorite.


I have been waiting and watching for this fabric since I saw it at

Here is a possibility:





I do like this block.



I love the simplicity of the Kyoto Steps Pattern,
especially in the blue colorway.


Maestro seems to be very interested in these fabrics, too. 

Time will tell what my quilty kitties and I make with these beauties.

What would you sew? 


5 comments:

GranChris said...

Beautiful fabric, not sure what pattern I would make with it but it screams flowers.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, I enjoyed your Likes post very much. Growing up in Newfoundland, an island in the Atlantic off the eastern edge of Canada, we experienced lots of Noreasters, many that would be remnants of ones from the US that blow up the eastern seaboard. Yes, the weather is changing...we had winds yesterday and lost a lot of leaves with it. My gosh, these fabrics are gorgeous; I can see why you are so taken with them. Thanks for the links...I will be checking them out today. Happy Looking, dreaming, etc.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh lovely coneflowers. I kind of like beanstalk.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Love the title of this post and when I saw it in my Bloglovin' email just now, I knew I had to come visit. Those fabrics!!! I can see why you just had to have them. And I can almost feel that chilly breeze myself, here in Wisconsin, many miles away. We finished all of our outdoor chores today! Grill is in, the porch rockers are all folded up, the planters are in the garage and the veggies have been pulled out. It's kind of sad in a way, but we'll get to enjoy all of these again in a few months. Really more like six months, but who will quibble over semantics. ~smile~ Roseanne

Jeanne said...

Love the Beanstalks!