Saturday, October 19, 2019

Inside ~ Outside


All around the house we are preparing for winter.

In summer there is an air conditioner in this window. 
My guy took it out today.
In winter I hang a quilt to help cut the chill of bitter wind.
Katniss appreciates that it improves the coziness 
of her favorite chair and cuddle fleece.




The window quilt is an old one that was made with the very large
cut-offs and extra fabrics from this favorite quilt.
More of the Story Here
No pattern. I just played with the HSTs until I had a layout I liked.

Hmmmm ... I need to make a quilted cover for that old chair pillow.


Outside my guy took down the canopy of the screened gazebo 
we enjoy on our backyard deck in summer.
We are lucky it survived the heavy storm winds earlier this week.

You can see that the maple is colorful but has lost its brilliance 
and most of its leaves already.

It is late fall here.  

I hope to catch up some quilting tonight. 


Winter is only a little over 100 miles away as the crow flies.
It is also almost 2 miles higher. 
This photo from the
where they have three feet of new snow.
Beautiful.

I am happy I am snug in my own little home tonight.
Be it ever so humble ... <3 


5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

happy and snug... nice

Jeanne said...

Looks cozy! Time to get tucked in for the season :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your window quilt. I was thinking if I ever finish my 2018 temperature quilt I was going to hang it over one of my big bedroom windows to help warm up my room. I also see that Mt. Washington had 3 days of 100 mph winds too.

Julierose said...

I just really love your window quilts too. Great "warming" colors for windy nights to come...beautiful work hugs, Julierose

claudia said...

I am going to have to make some window quilts. I never thought of that before, thanks for the idea!