Thursday, October 17, 2019

I Like Thursday ~ Post # 31 ~ Nor-easter


Good Morning, Thursday!
It's a Nor'easter

"What is a nor'easter storm?
nor'easter (also northeaster; see below) is a macro-scale extratropical cyclone in the western North Atlantic Ocean. ... Nor'easters are usually accompanied by very heavy rain or snow, and can cause severe coastal flooding, coastal erosion, hurricane-force winds, or blizzard conditions."
This is the view this morning from my back porch while I sip my coffee.
Some small limbs and lots of leaves down but nothing significant.
It is too windy to stay outside today.
I am safe and snug inside.


Scenes in nearby places in the Northeast look like THIS today.

My guy got in his car to go to work and was backing out of the driveway
 when he recieved a message not to come in because they had no power there. 

Our lights bounced off and on a few times last night but here I am online.
We are blessed. 

Time to share the good news in life. 

Here are some of the good news from Facebook 

I try to fill my facebook feed with quilts and other good stuff.

Here is the best FREE quilt pattern I found on FB this week ...



I saw this on


My favorite story on FB this week is this ... 





They say "Northern Cardinals." 
I am trying to find info as to whether these are South American yellow cardinals
who have migrated north or if they are a true variation of our northern birds. 
Anyone know?
I love cardinals.
I  really want to see one of these.

Always a good source of daily good words ...



I have had a week where I spent a lot of time sitting around in waiting rooms 
waiting and waiting for my turn in test labs.



This is my favorite new waiting room phone game.


This is my current read and I am now going to have to look for the next book
I found this book because I found the TV series,
Adapted from Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals and its two sequels,
This is my favorite new escape show on TV.
I only just found this and binge watched the first three seasons.

Well, That is all I have today for linking up with the



where every week we pause to think about all the good things in life,
big and small. 

8 comments:

blogindo said...

nice blog and post

Material Girl said...

I just downloaded your pattern. Thank you- I love it and I sure have scraps!i live in the Catskills Mountains in NYs Hudson Valley. We get plenty of Northeasters but looks like the coast and LI got hit hard yet again. We lose our power a lot but got lucky this time. I sandwiched a quilt and made a chocolate cake. It was a good day to stay inside. Thanks for sharing

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. We didn't have a noreaster but we had lots of wind. I hate wind. My mom likes the Durrels of Corfu. Maybe when I actually turn the TV on I will look for it.

piecefulwendy said...

I haven't started reading the book yet, but I've watched the show. Is the show pretty true to the book?

PaintedThread said...

The Durrels is pretty good! Sounds like the Noreaster hit harder east than here. Glad you're okay.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you (and your beautiful yard) survived the Nor'easter! I love that Plaidish quilt, too - will have to check out that FB group. I've never seen a yellow cardinal like that, but would like to!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! That yellow cardinal is just gorgeous. I would love to see one as well, but feel very fortunate when I see a red one. I glad you survived the nor'easter storm. Unfortunately, I suspect that will be the first one of the season. I haven't been able to load your website for some reason, so I'm going to go back and catch up on a few posts. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

I see our storm made it to the east coast. Crikey, we had two concrete tiles blow off the roof and 3.5" of snow. Love the durells and that it's basically a true story. the quilt looks like plaid.