Sunday, October 4, 2020

Maple Leaf Mug Rugs ~ Revisited

 





Maple Leaf Mug Rugs!


Fall is falling!

I love everything about fall.

Fall fabrics and colors are my favorites.



I found how to make these mug rugs when I spent some time
 in the beautiful Green Mountains in Vermont.
 a lovely shop tucked on a side street in this picturesque town center,
they had some pretty maple leaf shaped mug rugs.


Since these leaf mug rugs were made in 2014, 
my sweet Butterfly was there to help me.

<3 RIP ~ Butterfly <3 




Sew I was off and sewing my own maple leaf mug rugs.


Katniss helped.


For the first one I followed the pictorial from the Quilting Board.
It makes a beautifully shaped leaf.


Sew.



Batting Side.


Trim.



Cut to shape.


Turn right side out and smooth points to shape.


By the second one I was sewing without the paper.

I cut to size, sandwiched and then sewed.

Works for me!


I did not use the paper pattern for quilting either.

Also, I found the "v" at the bottom a little too tricky for me.



These are very pretty and coaster size.

Then I decided to simplify the pattern and make it a little larger.


I drew and cut my own pattern.

Feel free to print for your own use.

Edit: I have updated and added a Google Doc version of this template.


Click Link Above for Free Template. 


Happy Fall Sewing! 

1 comment:

Material Girl said...

I made those coasters too. I used subtly patterned fabric in fall leaf colors and went crazy quilting the veining. My mother has hers out year round. So cute! Aren’t those small projects great- use up scraps and fast to finish! Thanks fir sharing!