Friday, October 30, 2020

Winter Comes Early

 


Winter has come early to my quilty corner.

This is what greeted me when I opened my back door this morning. 

It is still snowing.


Mr Scrapatch ventured out to put seed in the feeders before he left for work

and this was the snowy path that greeted him.

This is a photo he took of his Saint Francis statute on the way to the shed for the birdseed.

The leaves are still on the oak trees, just starting to change and drop.


I took this one of the snow on the last of my coral rose buds 

that were getting ready to open. 

I am still hoping they will bloom.


Nutmeg was amazed by the snow and sat in the doorway 

watching the birds fly in to feast on the feeders. 


This is the winter wonderland in the front of the house 

that my hubby took as he left to work.

He arrived safely though he said the commute was not much fun.

I am snug inside and thankful today.

This is my favorite winter herbal tea.  

TeeKanne Forest Fruits Tea Bags

It is getting difficult to find as it may have been discontinued. 

I have about a half a box left and am hoping to find more.

My daughter originally found it in a small shop that specialized in German foods.

This box was the last of her own supply and she sent it to me last year.

I may have found some on Amazon, but when I tried to buy some there last year

it never arrived and I had to get my cash back. 

If you know where I might purchase it, please let me know. 

I like to add a little orange juice, a splash of lemon juice, 

a teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

mmmmmmm!

Really warms me up on a cold wintery day.

We have three inches now outside my kitchen window.

I am staying in today.

All the lights are on to light me gray and wintery sewing corner.

I am happy and blessed.

May you and yours be safe and well today. 

<3 


4 comments:

Nancy said...

I find your tea listed on Amazon as in stock. 7.24 a box.

Angie said...

Beautiful pictures. I googled your tea but most places were out of stock. Hopefully you will locate it soon. It looks & sounds very yummy. Happy Sewing! 🦋🌻🐦

Dorian said...

Wow, lucky you Pat! I wish you could send some of that this way :) Be careful if you venture out and about, and enjoy your warm quilty area.

Brenda said...

Believe it or not but I think some wal=marts carry that tea. I hope you find it.