Saturday, October 10, 2020

My Spooky Box 2020 Arrived!


 My 2020 Spooky Box arrived!

On October 1st, I ordered it here.


Spoiler Alert!!


If you have ordered this box and not yet received it and want it to be a surprise,


stop reading!


You have been warned! 


I had almost decided not to order it this year.

I have the boxes from the first two years and the projects are not completed.

This year in April when I gifted my

 Sew Sampler Monthly Subscription Box

to my daughter, I told myself I would treat myself to the special seasonal boxes.

So I ordered ... and I am so happy that I did!


This is my favorite box.

It had pretty Halloween fabric, as expected ...

 and very unexpected notion ...

see that tail peeking out?


My black cat saw it and said , "What! A purple cat?"

Yes, Maestro, a purple cat.

It came with a pair of sharp black snips to hang on the tail.

The idea is to stick the cat to the top of my machine to have the snips handy.


So Maestro and I tried it out before sticking it down.


Ah ... Maestro has other ideas.


First she tried picking it up by the head and then the tail.


Then she knocked right off the machine.

Clearly, Maestro thinks this is a new cat toy 

and followed it back to the box on the table 

while I explored the rest of the goodies.

Once Maestro fixates on something, she never gives up.

This cat tail hanger may go on my machine, Maestro permitting,

but the snips are too sharp to hang them where they might hurt my cat.

The  "Cat-O-Lantern" pattern is sew cute!!!!

In the box, there is everything needed to make the top.

Only the batting, backing and binding are needed to make the quilt.

I have other sewing projects in the works right now,

but I hope to get this one done for Halloween.

Best get sewing! 


1 comment:

RandR Serenity said...

Looks great! I should get mine by end of October as I live in Australia