Thursday, October 8, 2020

I Like Thursday # 68 ~ Sharing Hugs and Happy News

Good Morning ~ Happy Thursday! 

Today I want to share this lovely quilty hug. 
It makes me feel warm and happy and I hope you will feel the love, too.


This lovely scrap quilt was made by my online quilty bestie,


who is always sewing beautiful things with even her smallest scraps.  
It was such a wonderful surprise to receive this happy little hug in the mail this week.

It makes me appreciate all the little things in life.


Like how this proverbial bowl of homemade chicken soup soothes the soul
and nourishes the body.  


This loaf of sourdough bread is homemade, too. 

My Basic Bread Baking Method Here 


I learned a new trick recently for putting my raised loaf into 

a pre-heated bread baker recently.

Putting parchment paper in the bowl or basket when it is set to rise,

makes it easy to pick it up and set it in the baker.

It also helps with taking the bread out after it is baked. 

I learned this trick and a few about using my kitchenaid mixer 

to knead my sourdough 

@

Cooking Lessons From The Kitchn


My sourdough bread baking skills are constantly improving.

My friend Dorian, who also bakes her own bread helped me with few tips and tricks, too,

So I am giving thanks today for the simple goodness in life

and the lovely people who have helped me learn and grow.

I love sharing my world with the wildlife that visit my backyard.

I surprised this little guy behind my shed when I was raking one day.

I love the way his fur blends so perfectly into the landscape.

I love little critters like this.

I have been following the story of this little guy, 


Story of Poppi, the Porcupine @ Newhouse Wildlife Rescue

on Facebook.


This wildlife rehabilitation place is located in a neighboring town

and is only a few miles from my home.

I have never been there but I always heard wonderful things

 about their efforts to save injured critters.

There is more, including a video of his release back into the wild 

with an adorable video of him saying goodbye to his adoptive mommies.

Thanks to

Newhouse Wildlife Rescue

This story warms my heart. 

I am feeling blessed today 


It is time to give thanks and enjoy all the thankful posts from my friends for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

who once a week choose to find and share happiness.

Have a Happy Week!

9 comments:

LA Paylor said...

that soup looks so good. I've been reluctant to start sourdough, it seems to take on a life of it's own and you have to feed it, and care for it! But it sure looks delish.

grammajudyb said...

It definitely is soup and warm bread season. I have recently joined WW again. So no bread for me....but it looks yummy,

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Such wonderful like today. That soup and bread look oh so yummy. Simple yet delicious. I find that fascinating that you can put parchment paper in the bread machine! I'll bet that's a life changer. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful quilt and lovely gift! Something like that really does make you feel lucky AND blessed! Enjoy your week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a sweet quilty hug, Pat! And your soup and homemade bread look amazing, too. We have will rabbits in our yard and all over the neighborhood, too - they are fun to see!

Dorian said...

:) So glad you like your quilty hug. Your bread is looking delicious! I, too, put parchment under my bread to rise, then I can easily lift it out of the bowl into my hot cooker. Happy Thursday.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your soup and bread look yummy. What a sweet little quilt, as well as the little bunny. I love porcupines they are so cute especially the one of Teddybear eating corn on the cob. The little noises they make are so cute.

PaintedThread said...

Great stuff! What a nice quilty hug. The soup and the bread look delicious. Perfect for this time of year. Bun! And what an adorable porcupine! Totally made me smile. Thanks.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The soup and bread look so yummy--food for the soul, too! I can make some killer sour dough baguettes but I slacked off on working on the round loaf after such varied results. I like your tip. I'll have to remember that if I get back to working on it again (much more likely to happen in the winter coming up).