Monday, March 20, 2023

1st day of Spring 2023 ~ Crochet Collage Motif # 3

Today is the first day of Spring in my little  corner of the world!

It was a day of sunlight and some shadow.

The snow is still melting. 

It is mud season and the winter debris fills our yard.

There will be much to be done when the weather gets a little warmer.


Most of my day was spent inside sipping tea and playing with my hooks and yarn.


It was cool and there was a cooler wind blowing but the sun was shining on my glass kitchen door warming the room and brightening my day.

Early this morning I had an appointment to keep with my gynecologist

and that was also sunshine and shadow.

The doctor did a biopsy sample to send to the lab.

I should have the results next week.

It is an an area near where I have been biopsied years ago and that was negative.

I am hopeful that this test will be negative, too.

Think of me and and add me to your prayers and healing wishes, my friends.


Here is my Motif #3 from the Spring Awakening section of the

Crochet Cottage Garden book by Chris.made.this

This seemed the perfect choice for the day.

Daffodils are some of my favorite spring flowers.

Ours will not be blooming for a few weeks yet.

I am using yarn that I have and the yellow is a bit bulkier than the orange

and I have a long way to go until my stitches are as even as the one in the book, 

but I am happy with my little flower today. 


May you and yours have a Happy Spring! 




4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your crocheted daffodils are beautiful! I will definitely add you to my prayer list, keep us updated on the results. Happy stitching or crocheting!

Kim said...

Staying inside, sipping tea and playing with hooks and yarn sounds like the perfect way to ward of the chills outside. What you have done so far is gorgeous. A sweet little daffodil. The crochet vase is a pretty one. It is always nerve wracking waiting for results of biopsies. I hope you will receive another negative result. Sending prayerful thoughts and healing wishes to you. Take care.

Dorian said...

Your flower looks great Pat! I'm glad you have a variety of projects to do while you are doing some remodeling and your sewing machine isn't always available. You are always in my prayers, I will add an extra one for your biopsy results. ((HUGS)) Have a lovely day.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a fun prohject!