Sunday, March 19, 2023

Crochet Collage Garden

 


I am learning something new!

I have long admired all the lovely little crochet flower collages 
that I see online and have always wanted to try making my own. 
One of my favorite crochet collage creators is ...


Her work is so varied and delicate and beautiful! 


When I saw that her patterns were going to be published in a book 

I pre-ordered it on Amazon and it arrived on Friday. 

This is a wonderful book.  

I do have another book by a different author with similar designs but was never really able to follow the instructions to make my own.  This book has both written instructions and diagrams and between both I am able to get the hang of it.

The instructions are written in UK terminology but there is a help to translate it into USA terms for those of us who live on this side of the pond. 

 For example, a treble crochet in the book is a double crochet in my head.  

I had already gathered my supplies in a project box and was ready to begin.

The cotton yarn has been in my stash a few years and the crochet hooks I have had for 40+ years.

This is my vintage Boye crochet hook set. 

The I hook is missing.  

I hope to find it sometime, somewhere in my stuff.  

It must be with whatever I last used it on and that might be in the attic, which means it may be lost forever. I am hoping it just fell out of the box in my craft closet and it will turn up someday soon. These hooks are very worn but they still feel the best in my hand for this lightweight yarn.  I have modern ergonomic hooks in these sizes but the heads do not work the yarn as well as these tried and true ones. I think these are coated aluminum. 


You can see here that the color is worn off of my Size D hook, 

which I have used so far with this project. 

This is the chain start for my first motif yesterday.


This fern is my first finished motif.

In the morning I started my second motif at my kitchen table

 with the sun shining in.

It was very cool and windy today and 

temperatures did not get much above freezing even in the sun.


Here is the stem ready for the flowers.


Here is my completed motif #2.

I am really enjoying making these.

I hope to try to make one a day and I will see where this journey takes me. 



Linking up today with all of the beautiful creations at 

Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts


Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, how pretty these sweet crochet flowers are. Love the sweet ones you have done thus far. Your vintage box and crochet hooks are lovely. I hope you find the missing one.

Dorian said...

Looks like fun Pat, I'm glad you're enjoying playing with yarn. I hope it warms up for you soon.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I can't wait to see how you put these together. The pieces you've made so far are lovely, happy stitching!