Thursday, March 16, 2023

I Like Thursday #159 ~ Too Early for Spring Flowers

 


Spring Flowers ~ March 2023

All my spring flowers today are in seed form and fabric.

LeeAnna has asked us to share our thoughts about Spring flowers,
our favorite blooms and their colors, when they emerge, 
if we plant them in our garden and where else we may find them. 

Here in the northeast this mid-March, 
there are no flowers to be seen outside anywhere. 
We had another major snow storm early this week 
and more on the way this weekend.

It will be April before the first flowers, crocus, 
poke through the thawing ground and the forsythia blooms 
on the southeast side of my yard.

For now, Maestro and I shall have to be happy with our seeds, fabric and floral.

Mr. Scrapatch brought home these packets of Nasturtiums recently

 because he knows I like to plant them with my summer annuals

 to harvest in the fall for adding to my salads.

Here is an old photo of hot house daffodils on my old kitchen table

taken one March many years ago.

I do not even have cut flowers in my home this year. 

Spring will come soon!

Happy Thursday, Everyone! 



7 comments:

Material Girl said...

I see lots of posts of blooming trees and flowers but yes, the northeast has been getting snow. I’m in the Catskills Mountains of NY and we’ve had more snow in the last few weeks than the rest of the winter. I dread the ‘ mud’ season that comes between winter and spring. Your seed packets look pretty to me. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

Enjoy your seeds and dreams of beautiful flowers!

PaintedThread said...

I tried nasturtium for the first time last year. Pretty and tasty!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The charm blocks and seed packages are so pretty! How is your Irish chain quilt coming along? Happy stitching!

Linda said...

Looks like Maestro is very helpful in sorting out the fabric packs. ;) How nice of Mr Scrapatch to bring you flower seeds. Enjoy your weekend!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My mother always grew those annuals in her garden. I love them too. How sweet your better half thought of it. Yes too early here for flowers for sure.

LA Paylor said...

too early for flowers here too but it's nice to imagine them. I grew nasturtiums last year for the first time but was leery of eating them. Guess it's okay! They took 3 months to bloom so I only got to see them for a week or two anyway
your kitty is choosing just the packet to try
LeeAnna