Wednesday, March 1, 2023

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 9

 


10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 9

Some of my favorite things ...

bright fabrics, florals and scraps!

My finished wall quilt was posted here:

Clothworks Sunflowers Wall Quilt ~ Summer 2012

This was one of my first attempts at free motion quilting 

on my regular sewing machine. 

It was made with these Clothworks fabrics 

and their free pattern release for this line. 


I actually made two quilts with this pattern and fabric.

The smaller table/bedrunner quilt was made 

with the big cut-off triangles from the main pattern.

devised my own layout with the triangles and scrap fabric.


This is the second quilt in the top photo and it predates my blog.

Last night it came to the top of a stack of quilts in my bedroom 

and ended up on the bed for the night.

This quilt was made with the Turning Twenty pattern.

I quilted it with my painter's tape lines and my walking foot

on my old Brother machine which had a 9" throat.


This classic easy quilt pattern may be purchased in the link below: 

Turning Twenty Quilt Pattern @ Fat Quarter Shop

This large pansy floral was made with an old  

Thimbleberries fabric line called "Sangria Sunset." 

I still have  bag of these scraps that includes an almost half yard of the large floral, which Maestro does not want to give up at the moment. 


Fabric and quilting with cats has its own challenges.

I love my kitty cats and my fabric and quilts!


One more day of my quilt stroll down memory lane.

What quilt will it be? 


1 comment:

Dorian said...

This is such a bright, sunny quilt, I've always enjoyed seeing it.