Tuesday, February 28, 2023

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 8 ~My Jolly Bar Jazz Quilt

 


10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 8

This is my 

Sundrops Jolly Bar Jazz Quilt

because it is snowing here again 

and I need a few sundrops of summer today. 


This quilt was made using this free

Jolly Bar Jazz Quilt Pattern @ Fat Quarter Shop

This is one of my favorite bed quilts

although it also lives on the back of my sofa for snuggling under on

cool spring and summer nights when the windows are open.


I love these Sundrops fabrics by Corey Yoder

and paired it with a lovely spring green script print in my stash

from another Moda line.

As my creative quilty muse loves to do, 

I played with this pattern and added red posts in the green sashing 

to create a secondary element to the original quilt design.

This is the large 17" block in the pattern.


With my extra jolly bar fabrics, I made a different block design by turning the corner units and made a toss pillow to go with my quilt. 

I love using up fabrics and playing with the pieces.

Someday I would love to make this quilt again

 and see what my quity muse might decide to make.

I once saw a quilt on IG where the quilter used similar colors and green sashing

and made a quilt that looked very much like mine.

It made me happy.

I love sharing and swapping quilty ideas with other quilters.

This quilt is a breath of fresh air and sundrops.

This pattern is one of many, many free

Free Shorcut Quilt Patterns @ FQS

Update:

While mentioning all the wonderful patterns generously given by Fat Quarter Shop, I would like to point out that the


Bountiful Quilt Along Starts Today @ Fat Quarter Shop



Block 1 for the Bountiful Charity Quilt Along has been released

and may be found in the link below:

Bountiful Block 1 by Corey Yoder @ Coriander Quilts

I love this basket block. 

I have beautiful new fabrics for this quilt along.

These are 

Sundance by Crustal Manning @ Fat Quarter Shop

I love these colors and designs

and they have inspired me to make this quilt.


May you find inspiration for your next quilt today!

Happy Sewing! 


1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is so springy looking with the green fabric, happy stitching!