Saturday, February 25, 2023

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 5 / Scrappy Saturday

 


10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 5

This is my

 Pink Scrappy Stripes & Curves Quilt


I started this quilt with a pile of scrap fat quarters, smaller scraps and leftover yardage from other quilts.


Then I made a pieced Improv Dresden block for the

Scrappy Fan Blade Block ~ Curves Challenge

In order to duplicate the original blocks,

I made my own templates to cut the curves for the rest of my blocks.



When it came time to set the blocks and design the top,

I used fabrics from my stash.

The background whites are scrappy, too.

There are pieces of four different white tonals.

Inside on the sofa, the whites all blend in together,

but outside in natural light, the different shades of the whites are easily seen.

Some of the white-on-whites are creamier than others.

The color variations in the background do not bother me.

I used it as a design element and think it adds depth and definition.

This quilt has always been one of my Maestro's favorite nap places.

I chose this scrappy quilt for day 5 of my Quilt Show 

because today is Scrappy Saturday!

I love playing with my scraps.


I am still piecing blocks for my 

Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt

One more block to finish before I can layout and pieces my top.

Time to Sew!

Happy Scrappy Saturday! 





1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like this little quilt! Happy stitching!