Saturday, February 11, 2023

Scrappy Saturday Sewing ~ More Scrappy Irish Chain

 


Today was a good day of scrappy sewing. 

All 12 of my Block Bs are done!

Yesterday and today I made good progress on my 


Scrappy Irish Chain Scrap Along @ Coriander Quilts

Although I love all the random scrappy quilts that I am seeing in the 

Coriander Quilts Group on FB



I decided to go with my third plan for the A Block Layout

 which I posted last week in this post: 

Second & Third Scrappy Thoughts.

I really like the controlled scrappy look for this quilt.


This is my first of revised Block A.

I will need to make 12 more. 

This block plays very nicely with the alternate Block B

I need to find and cut more blue and yellow 2.5" squares 

and add them to my project jars. 

I really have to sort my scraps as the only colors that will appear in this quilt are yellow, blue, green and white and a bit of brown.  No yellow with pretty little red flowers for this quilt. I need to save those scraps for another day.


Quilty Kitty Nutmeg is continuing to be very helpful with the making of this quilt.

I have been sewing in the morning, afternoon and even late at night before sleep.

It feels good to be in my happy quilty place again. 


May you have a happy quilty weekend! 



2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Irish chain is looking so pretty! The blue chain really adds to the beauty. I can't wait to see it finished, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Looking good Pat! So glad you are back in your happy quilting space :)