Monday, February 13, 2023

Design Wall Monday ~ Scrappy Irish Chain

 


Design Wall Monday ~ On My Cutting Table

It has been a long, long time since I participated in this blog party 

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quits and Doll Quilts

This is the first block piecing I have done in over a year.

My vision has slowly declined and my hands are achy,

but I am enjoying being back in my happy sewing corner.

I decided the

Scrappy Irish Chain Scrap-Along @ Coriander Quilts

was a good way to regain my piecing skills before making a baby quilt

 for my grand-niece. 

Today was a two blocks sewn day and my seams and squares are looking better, 

so I am feeling good about my progress.

I now have all 12 of B Block completed and 3 of the 13 A Blocks needed.

I am not ready to roll down my temporary design wall yet.

Hopefully next Monday I will have a quilt top on my wall and ready to sew. 

Have a happy quilty week! 




6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you're able to work on this quilt! It's going to be beautiful!

Dorian said...

That's looking great Pat! It is going to be a gorgeous quilt :) Glad you are enjoying your sewing space again.

maggie fellow said...

such a beautiful classic design and I love blue and yellow together

Gretchen Weaver said...

The blue chain you're adding to this block looks really nice. I like that idea! Happy stitching, happy Valentine's day!

Vicki W said...

This quilt is coming together so fast!

AnnieO said...

So pretty! That is a lot of seam matching to do....you've jumped back in with both feet:)