Thursday, February 2, 2023

I Like Thursday # 153 ~ Color of The Year

 


The Pantone Color of the Year is magenta.

For our 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

post this week, LeeAnna has asked us how we feel about this year's color. 

Good question.

I have had to think some about what to answer.

At first I might have responded, "This is not one of my favorite colors."

When I thought more about I realized how very much this vibrant color 

has made its way into my garden, my sewing and my life. 

This is a color that is featured in my garden every year. 

It also pops up in my floral garden quilt blocks ...


... and in my quilted tablerunners ...


... and in my quilts ...


... and in my cross stitch...

... and in my crochet. 

This shawl was made for a friend.

When I was younger, people always complimented my appearance when I wore this color and said it looked great with my very dark hair and light complexion. Now my hair is gray and my skin tone is more florid as my skin has thinned so I rarely wear this color now, although I do have a sweatshirt that I wear occasionally in summer.

In quilting, I would probably only choose this color if making a quilt for someone else or for Valentine's Day.

I have had this box of fabric for quite some time: 

AGH Color Master No 2 Life is Pink

This was purchased to make a gift and my project took a different direction;

so it sits in my stash waiting for its moment.

Maybe 2023 shall be its year ... :) 

Maestro says, "Yes. I like this color."

Shall we make a new quilt, Maestro?

Time will tell. 


5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's so nice to have you back blogging again, you were missed! Magenta is a vibrant color, it adds so much life to a quilt, happy stitching!

JustGail said...

It's not a color I use a lot, but I like it far better than that orchid color of a few years ago.

Bernie Kringel said...

This is interesting Pat - I too would say magenta isn't a favorite of mine. However I do love that shock of color in my garden - my peonies and azaleas are that color. But if you look at my shelves of fabric or baskets of FQ's, there is a fairly small amount of pink in any shade. It isn't something I really think about but there you have it. :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

II think this is the first time Pantone and Kona have had 'color of year' that were very similar. This too isn't a color I use much of.

LA Paylor said...

I didn't know you did a post, I'll add it in right now. Your quilts with magenta are well, breathtaking. SO pretty with a black cat on them too, Maestro you model feline