Thursday, February 9, 2023

I Like Thursday # 154 ~ This is Love

 


If love can be expressed by fabric, this says it all. 

For our 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

post this week, LeeAnna has asked us to blog about

 what we like about Valentine's Day 

and those special ways we tell others how we love them

and how they make us feel loved.



The fabric in the photo is the new Tilda "Pie in the Sky" fabrics,

Which I Blogged About Here Last Week

These are my "what would you like for Valentine's Day" gift from Mr. Scrapatch, who understands that for me, love is well expressed by fabric gifts.

Mr. Scrapatch and I do not make a big deal about Valentine's Day and do not think we really need one special day to show our love.  Love is something we try to do everyday, even when we are grumpy and not really feeling it.  Our grown-up kiddos all follow this path.  

There were always some special treats or little toys or cards for Valentine's Day and paper decorations on the walls and windows just for fun, but it was just another day in our humble home.

I call it simply, "Happy Heart Day."


Since Mr. Scrapatch likes all things cinnamon, 

this year the plan for Happy Heart Day is to make 

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Mints using these ingredients and this

Cream Cheese Mints Recipe @ My Heavenly Recipes

Will post photos when I make them, if they do not disappear too fast. 

May all your days be happy heart days. 




5 comments:

Angela said...

New fabric! So fun! Better than roses or an expensive meal in my book!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh so envious of that beautiful gift of fabric! Just adore Tilda's fabric lines. Enjoy your baking!

LA Paylor said...

butter mints! I am definitely going to try those! Fabric is the best gift next to diamonds
LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

Fabric gifts are always nice! Those cream cheese mints look delicious (and the colors are so cheerful!).

Dorian said...

We are the same Pat, Valentines day has never been anything special in our house. We don't even do deco's or special treats. My dh says why buy stuff to show love on one day, when we show love everyday (or try to at least!)

MMM, those mints look good! Thank you for the link. I love minty stuff :) Have a lovely day.