Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Trusting the Process

 


The first Block B is done for my 

Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt

These are big 18.5" blocks unfinished. 

Your can see the lovely leafy details on my creamy white tone on tone background fabric in this photo. 

This free Scrappy Irish Chain pattern may be downloaded in the link below: 

Scrappy Irish Chain ~ Free Pattern by Jessie Fincham

I love the quilting design in Jessie's quilt.

NOTE:

If you are making this quilt, 

there are cutting errors in the original pattern.

Corey Yoder has posted important 

Corrections to the Cutting Instructions Here

Since the original free pattern is not hers, 

Corey cannot fix the errors in the pattern. 


Here are my first two blocks together.

As expected, the busy scrappyness of the Block A is calmed and tamed considerably by the juxtaposition of Block B with its restful white space.

The first block looked so chaotic that I was having

Second and Third Thoughts Here

Now I am thinking maybe not.

I decided to make this pattern after loving the very busy and scrappy sample quilt.

Maybe I should just trust the process.

I do love busy, scrappy quilts. 


I am also crocheting while I am thinking. 

The shawl that I am making for my daughter is nearing completion

and long enough to warm my lap as I stitch.

The kitties are enjoying having their kitty tree by the radiator in our living room. Nutmeg is in the gray hammock. Katniss is actually laying on a folded quilt on top of the radiator.  Cassian is not in the photo but he is on the furry blanket on bottom of the cat tree.  Maestro is curled up in a fuzzy cat bed on my bed, which her favorite place to sleep. All four cats have been sleeping on my bed most nights.  The kitties like to share body heat on cold winter nights.  Cassian has yet to be admitted to a kitty cuddle with the others, but he is now allowed to sleep on a quilted pillow at the head of the bed.  Trusting the process with the kitties means he may be allowed to curl up with the sister kitties someday. 

It is turning cold here and we are forecast to have

 -12 degrees F by Thursday night.

Brrrrrr! 

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those blocks do look nice together and a very scrappy block is easier to make without planning. Happy stitching!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Somewhere on one of your posts, you wrote the correction needed in the directions. I can't find that now, would you post them again? Thanks!

Nancy said...

Those blocks look great. I need to make this.

Brrr….that is so cold. We have been in the low 20’s at night but luckily warming up to the 40’s during the day and I am thinking that is too cold.