Monday, February 27, 2023

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 7 / My Snowman in the Window Quilt



10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 7

This is my

Snowman in the Window Quilt

I made this quilt after seeing one much like it on the internet that had no pattern resource. I loved the idea peeking out and seeing snowmen at my windows on a snowy black night, so I gathered my black and white scrap fabrics and I designed my own as I sewed and posted tutorials of all the steps on my blog in a free sew-along format. 


These blocks consist of a different snowman in each center

with log cabin type strips sewed around them.


When I improvise one of these patterns,

I use anything on hand that works,

like a plate to cut white fabric shapes for the snowball heads.


I free style cut the applique pieces from scrap fabrics.

I use lightweight fusible to hold the fabrics in place and then



I add a machine applique blanket stitch around the edges.

Nothing is perfect.


I made nine different snowman blocks and then added borders.


I added simple quilted snowflakes and straight line quilting 

on my regular sewing machine for this small quilt.

I had fun with the process and enjoy the seasonal wall quilt.

Since we have had a return to winter cold weather

 and have snow on the ground with more coming later today, 

this wall cute quilt is warming my dining room wall as I type and sew.  

All Sew Along Steps Links Are Here

Follow the steps to make your own little

 log cabin snowman in the window quilt.

Have fun sewing! 


No comments: