Sunday, January 10, 2021

Fabric Play Day ~ Curves QAL

 


Today was a Fabric Play Day!

These are Improv Fan Blocks ~ just for fun!

These are my Week 1 Blocks for the

2021 QAL @ Patchwork Inspirations

I had thought to sew a much different project from my list.


Then these stash fabrics caught my eye

and I dug out my 8" Easy Dresden Ruler.


I added some scraps and started cutting 8" fan blades.

Soon I had sets of 5 fan blades for blocks.

This is a possible setting idea, but I really do not know where this quilt is going.


I found some setting fabrics and started to improvise the setting pieces.


I like sewing curves. 

The center was a circle that I cut into quarters.

After I made the first two blocks, 

I decided to draw a pattern to make the rest of the blocks easier. 

There is a tracking sheet for the quilt along.

We are supposed to make 16 blocks, 8 per month.

I hope to be caught up by the end of January.

The schedule is relaxed and so there is a good chance 

I will be able to complete it on time.

I am sewing just for fun. 

I hope you had a fun quilty weekend!  


1 comment:

Dorian said...

Such happy, pretty pinks Pat! Glad you are having fun with them. Have a lovely day.