Monday, January 18, 2021

Hearts On Fire Blog Hop ~ My Day!


At the heart of Peace is Love.


When Carol  @ Just Let Me Quilt announced this lovely blog hop.

I knew just what I wanted to make.


When I saw this pattern 

Totally Groovy


from

I knew I wanted to make my own version.

The fabrics are ... 


a Blooming Bunch!

@ Moda Fabrics


My version features only the pieced heart and peace sign

in the center of her quilt.

Although I love the original quilt, I wanted a smaller wall hanging size.

I am very happy with this simplified version, which measures 40" square. 

I took this photo early one morning when the sun was on my design wall.

As it is winter in my quilty corner of the world,

the days are frequently cloudy.

On this day it dawned bright and true.


I chose pink for my center heart.

Pink has always represented friendship to me. 

My heart has been in pieces much of this year so far.

Even my sewing corner has been overshadowed by events.

I have been sewing or stitching everyday,

but I have been picking up whatever has appealed to me on any given day

and this has helped me.

Peace by Piece 

One Stitch at a Time.


Today my heart is filled with light and hope

Let the Sun Shine In! 

Let the Sun Shine In by the 5th Dimension

This is actually a song from 1969, not the 70s.

If you lived through this time, you know what a great period of unrest it was.

Now we look back on it with nostalgia

and remember the good times.

May the good times be all we remember of 2020 and 2021 ... someday.

I am quilting and hope to have a finished quilt to show you soon.

Please visit all my blog friends today:


January 18


Creatin' in the Sticks


Life in the Scrapatch ( you are here)


Freckled Fox Quiltery


All Thingz Sewn


Den Syende Himmel

That Fabric Feeling


Hearts on Fire @ Just Let Me Quilt

Thank you, Carol!

May you be filled with love and peace today and every day.


37 comments:

Susan said...

Not only is your wall hanging wonderful, but I love the photo with the sunshine on your heart. "You can change the night to day if there's sunshine in your heart." A hymn from Eliza E. Hewitt, pub.1887

Anita said...

A very cute heart wallhanging, Pat! I love the soft colors and the picture of the sun shining on it.

Turid said...

Sunshine in our heart, that's what we all need. I love those beautiful fabrics you used in your sweet quilt.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

I love the pattern, fabrics, and message of your quilt!

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

Such a cool block. I love your fabrics too.

Carol Swift said...

I love this..."Peace by Piece One Stitch at a Time." It's been such a rough year with so many different things, picking up whatever makes you happy to sew is a wonderful idea. The peace sign has always been one of my favorite memories from my teenage years and it makes me smile. Your heart quilt is a beautiful way to add peace to your sewing room...love it! Thanks for sharing, Pat, and hopefully this new year will bring more light to your life. xo

Dorian said...

Very nice Pat, the prefect pattern for that fabric line. May you have a lovely day.

Stitchin At Home said...

A beautiful piece with a lovely message!

Carol said...

That is sweet--I love it! The fabric is perfect for that pattern too. Thanks for sharing--we all need thoughts of sunshine and peace.

tink's mom said...

Well I think I will be thinking of your pieceful quilt all day as I sing that song. Thank you for pulling back those memories. Great job.

Vasudha said...

I love everything about this quilt. The fabrics, the design and the sentiment behind it.

Emily said...

What a fun pattern, perfect for the hop and these troubled times. Let the Sun Shine In! I like your version with lots of flowers.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful design, Pat! I love the fabric and your thoughts in the post, too. May we all find more peace this year!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! That song, the fabrics, and especially your quilt are just perfect all together. Indeed, let the sun shine in and face it with a grin. Those were times of unrest and yet now we look back at it fondly. As you said, I hope we can do the same for 2020 and 2021 sooner than later. ~smile~ Roseanne

Karrin Hurd said...

Fantastic quilt, and that song will be going on in my head all day long! Thanks so much for sharing!

Calicojoan said...

Oh that brings back the memories. We can all certainly use a little peace and love,these trying days. Great job!

Carol Andrews said...

Pat your quilt is so sweet, the fabrics are beautiful and the message resounds with us all. “Peace by piece, one stitch at a time” has been the motto a lot of us have worked with in this past emotionally trying year. Your ray of sunshine and the song are perfect for these times. Thankyou.

Danette said...

Let the Sun Shine In is a fantastic song! Love your quilt top, so cute and looks like the era of Peace and Love!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely fabrics and perfect for this quilt. The peace sign seems to never get old - or just us? Thank you for sharing on the first day.

Karen's Korner said...

When first seeing your pretty quilt I immediately thought of the era of the peace sign, the flower child, the Beatles and all the fab things of the 1960's - giving my age away here.

LJ said...

That's a lovely quilt. Nice choice of fabrics, too. Peace is in my prayers each day but especially since the 6th.

Createology said...

Love your Peace Heart quilt. Thank you for Happy Hearts Hopping.

Quilting Gail said...

Love the heart in the centre of Peace!

sue s said...

What a wonderful idea Pat! And your sentiments are right on. Remember using the peace sign?

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is such a cool quilt Pat! Our world certainly needs more peace and love!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your peace quilt looks fantastic Pat.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your wall quilt. How appropriate for the times again.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That is so beautiful. I think of the Brady Bunch as soon as I see that fabric!! Thank you for the lovely share and a great image to make me smile!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

That is so beautiful. I think of the Brady Bunch as soon as I see that fabric!! Thank you for the lovely share and a great image to make us all smile!!

Rebecca Smith said...

You’re right, we do simplify the past. I love your retro design

PatriciaLud said...

A beautiful little quilt, but what I like best is the sentiment. I wish peace and health for you and every one of us.

Carla said...

So beautiful and a great statement too. Your fabrics are so pretty and happy. Love that you piece for peace.

Lyndsey said...

I love your wall hanging and a great choice of fabrics. I wish you peace and happiness for 2021.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect match of pattern and fabric... SEW fun!!

Sharon said...

Pease and love to you! I enjoyed seeing your lovely creation.

For the love of geese said...

This is awesome, love the peace sign.

Danice G said...

Really cute wall hanging quilt. I love the peace sign too.