Thursday, March 2, 2023

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 10 / I Like Thursday # 157

10 Quilts ~ 10 Days ~ Day 10 

My Dresden Square Quilt ~ 1st Posted Here in 2013.

I still have this small quilt and take it out whenever I have a need to snuggle a new baby as it is very cozy 


All the steps to make a square block from these scrappy fan blades

 can be found in the original post. 

Dresden Square Re-visted ~ Posted Here 

when it was shared by Bonnie Hunter on her


As Bonnie Hunter is the master of scrappy quilts,
I was honored by her kind words 
and link to my humble blog. 


This photo shows the flannel striped back to the Dresden Square Quilt.
The pillow is my

This quilt was made in my dedicated sewing room with my sewing machine table facing the door into the living area.


LeeAnna has asked us to share our creative space 
and if we have a dedicated sewing area.


My sewing machine is again in a corner of the dining room now which was my original sewing space.  This is an old photo from a few years ago. I need to take updated photos of my sewing space.


This extra bedroom first became 

Then I moved out for awhile when one of our adult kiddos was relocating and needed a temporary landing pad. I admit that I loved having him with us again.

happened when the room was empty again.

We painted and using old furniture and new storage cubes, 
I created and cutting table and all I needed to sew.
It was may happy quilty room again until 2019 when ... 

 
... this happened and my room was Empty and Waiting ...


... for my new long arm to arrive!

So "My Sewing Room" became "My Quilting Room"  

and my dining room became a dual purpose room again.

In truth, it has become a sewing room 
and occasionally my family comes over and we share a meal there 
amongst the fabric and quilts.

This works for me! 



Thanks for visiting me in my sewing space today.

Happy Thursday! 

 

7 comments:

Helen said...

I love getting to peek into your creative space... spaces!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thanks for sharing your sewing space. I really like this quilt, she's a beauty. Happy stitching!

Angela said...

What a great peak at your creative space!

PaintedThread said...

That square Dresden is neat. Sewing room AND a long arm. Good stuff!

LA Paylor said...

truth be told, I just take over the whole house. DH and Milo just grin and bear it!
I grew up with the sewing machine in our dining room. I liked being in the center of everything, and used the dining room table to cut out my clothing patterns.
you show that our spaces change and evolve as we go along, and it's good to reevaluate
LeeAnna

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful quilts and I'm so happy you brought them out to show. As you know, I love Dresdens in all their forms. Yes, I've progressed from a dining room to a spare bedroom sewing room but our dining area presently is where I do my cutting. I need a basement or an attic I think. LOL

Susie H said...

That cracked me up -- your sewing space becoming your quilting space and back to the DR you went. Haha! It's all good since you have space enough to create.