Saturday, March 4, 2023

Scrappy Saturday Sewing

My Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt has an addition to the plan.

I saw a completed top in the Coriander Quilts Facebook Group 

in lovely 30's fabrics that combined

 the Irish Chain Blocks with Dresden Plates 

and had to borrow the idea. 

A Dresden Plate bed quilt has long been on  my quilty list.

The combination of these two blocks was iressistable. 


Sew I am sewing Dresden Plate Blades today.


It has been a snowy day here and I have been cutting and sewing.

 Mr. Scrapatch has also been busy on a home improvement project in the living/dining room, so I have had to do my cutting on my kitchen table today while the snow piled up outside my door. In the end we had 11+" of heavy icy, wet stuff.


I am using up scrap strips so my blades ...

are cut from 5" by 2.5" rectangles. 


This is my planned layout.  
I will cut the center circles from the same green print as my outer chain. 

This does add much more cutting sewing to my work in process 
but the finished quilt will be sew wonderful!

I hope all of you are having a happy and safe weekend. 



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's a great idea to combine two quilting projects into one project. Those Dresdens are going to look great in the centers against the white fabric. Happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Oh Pat, that is going to be So lovely!! Can't wait to see it all together. we, too, have piles of snow outside, and more coming down. Enjoy the sewing :)

Kathleen said...

Love the dresden plate addition! That is so great and will only add to what was already a lovely quilt!

Bernie Kringel said...

What a great block Pat. I do love Dresdens. They make such a sweet quilt block.