Friday, August 7, 2020

Autumn is Coming


I am looking forward to Autumn in New England 
and Fall Quilts. 

Today is the first day I have felt a touch of fall in the air.
Mr Scrapatch and I were outside early cleaning up the debris in our yard
 dropped by the wind and rain from Isaias.
We did not have any real damage,
just a lot of leaves and very small branches. 
It was as if Mother Nature decided to blow all the dead and broken twigs 
and such out of our trees
and onto our walk and driveway and yard for us to clean up.
We filled two yard waste barrels and two paper leaf bags
to put out to the curb on the next city yard waste collection.
The cool morning air felt so nice.

Back inside, I am gathering fabrics for a new quilty project. 

Some of these fabrics are new and some have been in my stash.

They are to start my ...



This is a Facebook Group that I have recently joined.
The block patterns are free and released every Sunday.
There are 12 designers and 12 blocks.
You can sew your stash or purchase a kit for each block from the weekly designer.

To get the patterns, you must request to join this private group and answer a question 
or two about how you found the group.
The joining process is easy and the people in the group are very nice.
There are already many inspiring blocks to see.



Block 1 is ready for download and printing.

It is from 
who is a designer for Henry Glass Fabrics.
Her pattern and fabric name is



Mary Jane also has an Etsy shop:


where I purchased some of her cute 


to add to my spellbinding quilty fun.

Looking forward to fall sewing!

Are you dreaming of fall quilts, too?

:-)



3 comments:

KatieQ said...

I love the fall. Although, the weather and foods of fall will remain the same, I'm not sure if I'll be doing some of the activities I enjoy. As long as I can have apples, pumpkins, cider, and cozy quilts I'll get by.

Lindah said...

Oh, did you really feel a touch of fall?! Yay! We have had so many triple digit days here, I thought we were stuck there forever. Yesss, I do look forward to fall, altho it is true that in northern CA, it comes a wee bit later. My hope is that the rains will come early and mitigate the high risk of windy October wildfires. I will go back over your post for info on how to contact the mystery group. The peek at the first block is sweet, whets my appetite for something fresh and new to work on. Blessings!

sue s said...

I love the fall, but am not looking forward to winter at home because of the virus. It's nice to be able to go outside now and do things you don't need a mask for. This sew along looks fun; I will watch your progress.