Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday Sewing and Such in the Scrapatch



I made this Peach Jam Coffee Cake yesterday 
while the weather was a little cooler.
It is forecast to turn very warm again in a few days.
In New England, the weather can change quickly and frequently.

I started with this recipe for


and I added a little nutmeg and mace to enhance the flavor of the jam.
This recipe makes a thick batter to hold the jam on top while it bakes. 

I spooned large dollops of this thick jam in a rind midway around the edges 
  and added a big spoonful in the center.

Any flavor or type of jam will work.
If your jam is runny, you may wish to drain it a little
to thicken it so it will stay on top
while baking.

The recipe also works well with fresh berries.



The Special Peach Jam is a favorite from


It is yummy with my morning coffee.




For slowly stitching outside, I have dug out this old WIP.
For years I have been embroidering free form leaves onto this

Maybe I will actually finish the hand work this year.
Maybe not.
Time will tell.

May you and yours have a happy and safe weekend.



1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Thank you for the wonderful baking inspiration! I love coffee cake and this looks delicious so I'm off to make it! I agree, a smaller tin equals more topping! I love your free form leaf stitching. Very sweet. Thanks again.